miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2007

2. EVALUATION OF THE WRITING PROCESS

AUTO/CO-EVALUATION RUBRIC FOR WRITING
OF THE STUDENT OR GROUP


For the student:

Name: ______________ Level: Spanish______ Date ________

AUTO AND CO- EVALUATION RUBRIC FOR WRITING OF THE STUDENT

This list will help you to understand the writing process and the criteria of evaluation. Use this list before, during, and after your begin writing a text. Then complete it and turn it in to your teacher.

Activity: ___________________________
Evaluated functions: __________________
Evaluated vocabulary: _________________
Evaluated grammar: __________________


EVALUATION FOR WRITING: FROM 5 TO 0

(5 = Strongly agree; 4 = I agree; 3 = Almost; 2 = A little; 1 = Somewhat agree; 0 = Did not meet the criteria / Strongly disagree)


1. THE APPROACH AND PREPARATION TO THE PROCESS

I followed the writing process:
1.1. I used composition techniques. I did a “brain storm”
1.2. I used a graphic organizer to organize the main ideas and secondary ideas
1.3. I did a rough draft and wrote several copies
1.4. I made revisions to reformulated the text and I did corrections to it
1.5. I used the dictionary frequently during the writing process

2. CONTENT/ PURPOSE
2.1 The purpose, the objective and the theme or topic are clear
2.2. I used the appropriate expressions and functions
2.3. I used the necessary vocabulary to communicate effectively to the purpose of the text according to the context and topic
2. 4. My text expresses my ideas clearly
2. 5. I can coomunicate simple information to friends

3. COMPRENHENSISIBILITY AND ORGANIZATION
The reader can understand what I am trying to communicate or say.
3.1. My presentation of the text is logical
3.2. The organization is effective
3.3. The written text and paragraphs are well structured
3.4. The degree of formality is appropriate
3.5. I connect the sentences correctly

4. CORRECTION OF THE LINGUISTICAL ASPECTS
4.1. I used complete sentences
4.2.I used the grammar correctly
4.3. I used the required verbal tenses correctly
4.4. I revised the nouns, articles and adjective so that they agree in gender (masculine and feminine)
4.5. I revised the nouns, articles and adjective so that they agree in number (singular y plural)
4.6. I revised the spelling and it is correct
4.7. The word order is correct
4.8. I used the most common conjunctions
4.9. I used correctly the rules of punctuation

5. OTHER ASPECTS OF THE WRITING
5.1. I consulted my classmates
5.2. I asked for help from my teacher
5.3. I used my textbook and other books or resources in my writing process
5.4. I evaluate positively my work
5.5. The text is interesting to me
5.7. The writing process is fun and entertaining
5.8. This rubric has helped me to understand how to improve my writing

Comments of your classmate/ group:_________

____________________________________

The best thing about this text is _________________
What I disliked is ________________________
What I have learned about this text and I may use it
_______________________________________
What I liked about this process is ________________
because__________________________________
What has helped me about this activity _____________
because___________________________________
One area that I can improve is___________________

I find that my auto-evaluation is: __ Excellent __ Very Good__ Satisfactory _Unsatisfactory


In this link your can find a writing evaluation rubric

No hay comentarios: